The Definition of a Dream:
A DREAM is a “series of thoughts, images and sensations that occur in a person’s mind.
” A dream is “a cherished aspiration, ambition or ideal.” A dream is your best life yet.
It is seeing better things through your mind’s eye. It is when one is able to look beyond current circumstances, where one is able to look above limitations, where one is able to look beneath the surface to realize one’s passions and where one is able to look out onto a horizon where things are everything you want them to be.
Dreams are the first step towards achieving a bigger and better reality.
Steps Towards Achieving Your Dreams:
- Stay awake and determine what your dreams are!
- Realize that whatever you dream, it is possible and you are more than able!
- Create a list/sketch/picture of what those dreams look like
- Surround yourself with reminders of what your dreams are and envision yourself living out your dreams
- Break down each dream into achievable goals that will lead to their realistic attainment
- Surround yourself with positivity (positive thoughts, positive actions, positive people and positive pursuits)
- Identify and surround yourself people that can enhance your dreams, advance your dreams and encourage your dreams (friends, family, mentors, industry experts, etc.). This can be both through real-life interactions and virtually – through a study of those who encourage you from afar. Do your homework: find articles, videos, social media platforms on which to interact, etc.
- Determine the positive attributes of those you look up to, both near and far and seek to make them a part of your good habits
- Determine what you must hold on to and what you must let go of in order to achieve your dreams (i.e. habits, strengths, weaknesses, lifestyle choices, etc.). There are talents and traits about you that set you apart, and make you a perfect match for your dreams – determine what these are, enhance them and nourish them
10. Celebrate your victories along the way, both big and small
11. Allow disappointments to teach you the lessons they are there for and if at first you do not succeed – try, try, try again!
12. Put in the work towards achieving your goals and ultimately your dreams!
Any and everything is possible, but in order to call it into being you have to realize who you are and the power you have to shape your destiny. You have to simultaneously identify what you want, discover steps necessary to get there, align your life with the goals necessary to achieving your dreams and begin to work towards them. You have to motivate yourself every step of the way by giving your best along the way, by striving to do more tomorrow than you did today and by never giving up!
You can become the next (insert name that personifies success and the rest). Whoever it is that inspires you most, connects with your passion and speaks towards your dormant dreams – realize that they are human beings who identified their strengths and passions and worked towards making them a reality. They do not have two heads! They have one heart, one brain and a determination and a tenacity that turned their dreams into a reality. Go out and do the same!
It is good to have heroes that inspire you and achievements of others that you aspire to, but most importantly you need to realize that you can develop (insert your full name here) to a point where he/she realizes his/her full potential, and become a leader in (insert industry/area of expertise/interest). You ultimately have little to lose and everything to gain by bettering yourself, challenging yourself and elevating yourself.